Monday, May 20, 2013

Inking Weekend

I spent the weekend at a retreat hosted by Patt Blair in Temecula.  Patt's a wonderful artist and a terrific host.  This was my second retreat and fourth class with her and she never disappoints. Most of the retreat attendees were like me and had taken her classes previously, but there one, Lynita, who was a first timer who was doing amazing work.

I was able to mostly finish a piece that I started last year of a Parisian street performer...I may do some additional inking on this and then I'll quilt it.  I'll be excited to get this one finished: I took the original picture when I took my first trip to Paris in 2009 and have wanted to make a quilt of it ever since.

Then I inked this gull based on a picture I took in Oregon a couple of years ago.  I made a little more progress on the background color after I took the picture.  I think it's looking pretty good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment